Monday, February 28, 2011

Less is Better


For me, yesterday's challenge was to get a train running the full route of the layout. Fortunately, Bryan and Dave had other ideas.

So, instead of focusing on my need for instant gratification, we focused on building a proper frame to ultimately carry the main line as well as the yard through the gap. So, it'll probably be a few more weeks, or perhaps days, before I can lay those last few pieces of track to connect the dots.

If I had one more piece of plywood on hand in the garage, we might have finished the job, but as it is, this is better, because I'll still have good access to the subterranean staging yard to finish up a few jobs down there before I close it all up.

Thanks to Bryan and Dave for making the trek down, and for keeping my eyes on the prize.

2 comments:

  1. i have a bunch of plywood if you need some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm a scavenger to the end... I think I've got it covered though, and this is the last chunk to get built... at least until Andy graduates and I build out the Laurel Valley in its entirety in his room!

    ReplyDelete